The Education Committee seeks to improve the administration of justice by eliminating racism and its effects by offering and supporting a variety of innovative, high quality, education programs designed to improve the cultural and professional competency of court employees and other representatives of the Washington State justice system.
Goals for 2010 thru 2015
- To provide and foster leadership for all components of the state justice system with the goal of eliminating racial, cultural, and ethnic bias and disparate treatment and fostering systemic change.
- To ensure that cultural diversity and cultural competency trainings becomes a normal and continuous aspect of employment or service within the state justice system.
- To increase cultural awareness, foster greater appreciation of racial and cultural diversity, and engender mutual respect in persons who deliver court services and represent our justice system.
- To provide and /or collaborate with others in recommending resources and education programs consistent with the mission of the Committee.
- To be flexible and creative in developing high quality education programs tied to learning outcomes/objectives.
Education Committee Members
Education Committee Meeting Minutes