Mission Statement (adopted August 3, 2007)
The mission of the Outreach Committee is to facilitate communication between the Washington State Minority and Justice Commission and the public and, specifically, the legal and court communities of Washington State, regarding interaction with and participation in the justice system by minorities or persons of color.
Goals for 2010 thru 2015
- Establish, maintain and enhance sustained relationships between courts, legal community organizations and other public and private agencies engaged in work relating to the courts and diversity by: utilizing and maintaining a resource list of Commission members’ affiliations with relevant organizations; obtain new members from those organizations which are not networked to the Commission.
- Publish quarterly on an established schedule the Equal Justice newsletter containing information collected from the justice system and legal community.
- Develop and produce the Commission’s annual report.
- Obtain an artist of color for artwork expressing diversity for the Commission’s annual poster.
- Assist the Commission in broadening its exposure to the public and constituencies it serves by recommending and facilitating Commission meetings and other public events at locations and in communities throughout the state.
- In cooperation and coordination with the Workforce Diversity and Education Committees, promote the development and presentation of programs to improve and expand the understanding of juveniles of our system of justice and employment opportunities for them within it, such as community Youth and Justice Forums.
- Create and maintain materials such as brochures and multi-media products such as videos and the Commission’s website.
- Evaluate and recommend individuals for appointment to the Commission voting membership and Technical Support Group.
Outreach Committee Members
Outreach Committee Meeting Minutes