POSITION: Project Manager (Temporary)
SALARY: $71,496 to $93,816 per year DOQ
LOCATION: Olympia, Washington
OPENS: November 5, 2012
CLOSES: Open until filled; 1st review of applications to begin November 26, 2012. AOC reserves the right to close the recruitment at any time.
This temporary position is expected to last through June 30, 2013, with potential to continue up to four years.
NOTE: Due to legislative action,a 3% temporary salary reduction is in effect from July 1, 2011 to June 29, 2013 for most state positions, including this position. Salary listed above does NOT reflect this reduction.
Project Manager Job Overview
· Lead and direct multiple projects; manage personnel and related issues; define scope and work plans, manage budgets; direct and manage workload, procure/create/manage contracts; track and manage risks and issues, report status and health of project or projects to senior management; serve as liaison internal/external customers, partners, and staff.
· Facilitates the identification and definition of business and technical requirements. Responsible for effective communication and coordination between business and technical cross functional teams.
· Accountable for effectively and accurately communicating project mission, vision, and scope, working collaboratively with internal and external parties to maintain alignment with business and operational strategic plans.
· Work is performed independently with decision making responsibility as defined by Information Services Division (ISD) senior leadership.
· Leads project vision, charter, and schedule development with customers, partners, and staff.
· Negotiates for schedule, resources and budget.
· Maintains project plans (schedule, resources, risk, issues, budget).
· Leads project teams to effective execution of committed plans while communicating variances and corrective actions to stakeholders.
· Facilitates identification and definition of business and technical requirements for solution development and integration into enterprise application environment.
· Effectively communicates project status to internal and external stakeholders.
· Performs other work as assigned.
· Bachelor’s degree in computer science or closely allied field; and
· Three years project management experience in a large/complex information technology environment to include experience managing and directing professional staff; and
· Certification in project management from an accredited higher education institution and/or the Project Management Institute.
To be considered for this position, please submit:
- A cover letter specifying how you meet the qualifications of the position (no more than two pages).
- A chronological resume including: dates and total months/years in each position held for each previous employer.
- Completed AOC application form.