The Administrative Office of the Courts (AOC) is a department of the Washington State Supreme Court. Established by state statute in 1957, the mission of the AOC is to advance the efficient and effective operation of the Washington State judicial system.
The AOC carries out its mission through formulation of policy and legislative initiatives, court technology development, educational programs, and program support for 428 Washington judges and their staff. The AOC draws its employees from a wide range of professions including legal, information technology, research, education, and judicial administration.
The agency is administered by an executive team that is committed to maintaining a dedicated and diverse workforce that provides the highest quality of customer service and continuously develops strategies for improving the performance and effectiveness of the court system in Washington.
The Administrative Office of the Courts is located in Olympia, Washington, on Interstate 5 between Seattle, Washington and Portland, Oregon. Olympia and the surrounding Thurston County area offer numerous social, recreational, educational, and cultural opportunities. Natural features include Puget Sound, the Olympic National Park to the west, and Mt. Rainier to the east. Mount St. Helens and the Pacific Ocean beaches are within a 2 hour drive of the city.
- A comprehensive benefits package;
- Membership in the Public Employees' Retirement System; and
- Opportunities to participate in the Deferred Compensation and Dependent Care Assistance Programs.
Send materials to:
- The state of Washington offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health, dental, life and long-term disability insurance
- Vacation leave
- Sick leave
- Shared leave
- Family - Medical Leave
- Military and Civil leave
- Eleven paid holidays per year
- A state retirement plan
- Deferred Compensation Program
- Deferred College Tuition Program (GET)
- Voluntary Medical Benefit Program
Submit materials by email, fax, or postal service to:
Washington State Administrative Office of the Courts
Attention Human Resources Office
1206 Quince St SE
P.O. Box 41170
Olympia, WA 98504-1170
Application materials will be screened for the purposes of determining who will be selected for an interview.
All employees hired by the Administrative Office of the Courts are required to be fingerprinted for a criminal history background check with continued employment with the AOC contingent upon the results of this background check.
POSITION: IBM Rational Tools Administrator
LOCATION: Olympia, Washington
CLOSES: November 30, 2012
IBM Rational Tools Administrator – Job Duties:
- Responsible for development, deployment and support of the IBM Rational Software Tool Suite to automate Change Control processes for
- Test and Production environments.
- Enhance Software Development Lifecycle processes and increase integration with IBM Rational products.
- Maintain the current IBM Rational Tools environment, reports, provide technical support for problems, as well as analyze, plan and coordinate implementation of future IBM Rational products and their subsequent changes and updates.
- Provide on-call support.
- Provide extensive customization and integration of IBM Rational Tool Suite schemas and configurations that support the customer’s SDLC (Life Cycle) processes.
- Provide accurate and complete documentation needed to administer and understand the customized IBM Rational Tool Suite schema and processes.
- Provide detailed process diagrams.
- Provide end user training.
- Assist in quality control testing of IBM Rational processes.
- Assist in development of metrics derived from the IBM Rational Tool repositories.
- Provide upgrades, perform backups, archive projects.
- Provide technical support and troubleshooting.
- Take daily direction from the Test Team Lead.
- A bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or closely allied field
- A minimum of 3 (three) years of experience as an IBM Rational Tester, IBM Rational Administrator, or related position.
- Experience must include working with IBM Rational Tools configuration, scripting, deployment, training, administration and support; Requisite Pro and Test tools and ClearCase with UCM Integration; SQL and SQL databases; Visual Basic (VBA/VBScript), PERL and Batch Scripting, IBM Rational RequisitePro; CGI/Perl scripting; and Visual Basic Scripting.
- Must have experience working in a government agency environment.
To be considered for this position, please submit:
• A cover letter specifying how you meet the qualifications of the position (no more than two pages).
• A chronological resume including: dates and total months/years in each position held for each previous employer.
The AOC is committed to the practice of equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all persons without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, age, honorably discharged veteran or military status, or the presence of any sensory, mental, or physical disability or the use of a trained dog guide or service animal by a person with a disability. Persons of disability needing assistance in the application process, or those needing this announcement in an alternative format, please contact Jane VanCamp, AOC Human Resource Office, at (360) 705-5289 or fax (360)586-4409, or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org