The Administrative Office of the Courts (AOC) is a department of the Washington State Supreme Court. Established by state statute in 1957, the mission of the AOC is to advance the efficient and effective operation of the Washington State judicial system.
The AOC carries out its mission through formulation of policy and legislative initiatives, court technology development, educational programs, and program support for 428 Washington judges and their staff. The AOC draws its employees from a wide range of professions including legal, information technology, research, education, and judicial administration.
The agency is administered by an executive team that is committed to maintaining a dedicated and diverse workforce that provides the highest quality of customer service and continuously develops strategies for improving the performance and effectiveness of the court system in Washington.
The Administrative Office of the Courts is located in Olympia, Washington, on Interstate 5 between Seattle, Washington and Portland, Oregon. Olympia and the surrounding Thurston County area offer numerous social, recreational, educational, and cultural opportunities. Natural features include Puget Sound, the Olympic National Park to the west, and Mt. Rainier to the east. Mount St. Helens and the Pacific Ocean beaches are within a 2 hour drive of the city.
- A comprehensive benefits package;
- Membership in the Public Employees' Retirement System; and
- Opportunities to participate in the Deferred Compensation and Dependent Care Assistance Programs.
Send materials to:
- The state of Washington offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health, dental, life and long-term disability insurance
- Vacation leave
- Sick leave
- Shared leave
- Family - Medical Leave
- Military and Civil leave
- Eleven paid holidays per year
- A state retirement plan
- Deferred Compensation Program
- Deferred College Tuition Program (GET)
- Voluntary Medical Benefit Program
Submit materials by email, fax, or postal service to:
Washington State Administrative Office of the Courts
Attention Human Resources Office
1206 Quince St SE
P.O. Box 41170
Olympia, WA 98504-1170
Application materials will be screened for the purposes of determining who will be selected for an interview.
All employees hired by the Administrative Office of the Courts are required to be fingerprinted for a criminal history background check with continued employment with the AOC contingent upon the results of this background check.
Download the AOC Application Form
POSITION: Senior Financial Services Analyst
SALARY: $35,928 to $47,016 per year DOQ
LOCATION: Olympia, Washington
OPENS: November 27, 2012
CLOSES: Extended to Open Until Filled, with first review to begin December 4, 2012
If you have applied for a Senior Financial Services Analyst position at AOC within the last 30 days, you will be considered for this position also and do not need to reapply.
NOTE: Due to legislative action,a 3% temporary salary reduction is in effect from July 1, 2011 to June 29, 2013 for most state positions, including this position. Salary listed above does NOT reflect this reduction.
Senior Financial Services Analyst Job Overview
- Reports to Financial Services Business Manager and is responsible for providing professional journey level accounting duties in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles, government auditing standards and regulations and Administrative Office of the Courts (AOC) procedures.
- Work is performed independently with decision making responsibility within specified area of expertise. May review the work of Financial Services Specialist and Analyst. Work performed includes analysis, review and interpretation of reports, development and presentation of accounting and management reports, and recommendation for enhancement of business processes.
- Processes accounts payable including but not limited to: contracts; field orders; phone bills; purchasing cards; maintenance agreements; etc.
- Responsible for the review and verification of critical information including but not limited to: budget code, approval signature, proof of receipt, social security number, payment type, etc. in accordance with established procedures and accounting standards.
- Processes and prepares invoices for batching and entry in to the state AFRS system.
- Researches and verifies financial data, reconciles reports and JV corrections in accordance established procedures and accounting standards.
- Responds to inquiries from clients regarding status of invoices, payments, etc.
- Assists in the development of recommendations of business improvement measures for the Financial Services section.
- Assists higher level Financial Services staff with financial summary information, analysis of financial reports and development of internal financial procedures.
- Performs analysis of contract payments, encumbrances, amendments, etc. to ensure accuracy of data in AFRS and the Judicial Branch contract system.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in accounting or closely allied field to include20 Semester or 30 quarter hours of college level accounting
Two (2) years or more of fiscal bookkeeping or recordkeeping tasks AND 20 Semester or 30 quarter hours of college level accounting.
The preferred candidate will have:
- Experience in AFRS or other accounting systems
- Good interpersonal skills
A combination of relevant education and experience demonstrating a working knowledge of the functions and responsibilities of the Senior Financial Services Analyst may be considered in meeting the qualification baseline.
To be considered for this position, please submit:
The AOC is committed to the practice of equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all persons without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, age, honorably discharged veteran or military status, or the presence of any sensory, mental, or physical disability or the use of a trained dog guide or service animal by a person with a disability. Persons of disability needing assistance in the application process, or those needing this announcement in an alternative format, please contact Jane VanCamp, AOC Human Resource Office, at (360) 705-5289 or fax (360)586-4409, or via email to email@example.com
> Click here for further information <