The Administrative Office of the Courts (AOC) is a department of the Washington State Supreme Court. Established by state statute in 1957, the mission of the AOC is to advance the efficient and effective operation of the Washington State judicial system.
The AOC carries out its mission through formulation of policy and legislative initiatives, court technology development, educational programs, and program support for 428 Washington judges and their staff. The AOC draws its employees from a wide range of professions including legal, information technology, research, education, and judicial administration.
The agency is administered by an executive team that is committed to maintaining a dedicated and diverse workforce that provides the highest quality of customer service and continuously develops strategies for improving the performance and effectiveness of the court system in Washington.
The Administrative Office of the Courts is located in Olympia, Washington, on Interstate 5 between Seattle, Washington and Portland, Oregon. Olympia and the surrounding Thurston County area offer numerous social, recreational, educational, and cultural opportunities. Natural features include Puget Sound, the Olympic National Park to the west, and Mt. Rainier to the east. Mount St. Helens and the Pacific Ocean beaches are within a 2 hour drive of the city.
- A comprehensive benefits package;
- Membership in the Public Employees' Retirement System; and
- Opportunities to participate in the Deferred Compensation and Dependent Care Assistance Programs.
Send materials to:
- The state of Washington offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health, dental, life and long-term disability insurance
- Vacation leave
- Sick leave
- Shared leave
- Family - Medical Leave
- Military and Civil leave
- Eleven paid holidays per year
- A state retirement plan
- Deferred Compensation Program
- Deferred College Tuition Program (GET)
- Voluntary Medical Benefit Program
Submit materials by email, fax, or postal service to:
Washington State Administrative Office of the Courts
Attention Human Resources Office
1206 Quince St SE
P.O. Box 41170
Olympia, WA 98504-1170
Application materials will be screened for the purposes of determining who will be selected for an interview.
All employees hired by the Administrative Office of the Courts are required to be fingerprinted for a criminal history background check with continued employment with the AOC contingent upon the results of this background check.
Download the AOC Application Form
POSITION: Tester – System Support Analyst (Temporary)
SALARY: $60,120 to $78,900 per year DOQ
LOCATION: Olympia, Washington
OPENS: January 23, 2013
CLOSES: Open until filled; 1st review of applications to begin February 6, 2013. AOC reserves the right to close the recruitment at any time.
This temporary position is expected to last 9 months.
NOTE: Due to legislative action,a 3% temporary salary reduction is in effect from July 1, 2011 to June 29, 2013 for most state positions, including this position. Salary listed above does NOT reflect this reduction.
System Support Analyst Job Overview
- Performs system support of the Administrative Office of the Courts (AOC) computers, mainframe and network operations for the Information Services Division (ISD).
- Reports to an ISD Manager and is responsible for performing work with the appropriate degree of expertise and skill in a proficient, qualified and specialized role. May take direction for specific assignments from other managerial staff or senior level information technology professionals.
- Work is performed independently with limited decision making responsibility as defined by senior information technology professional or managerial level staff. Work products are subject to review and approval appropriate to the work assigned.
- Performs system and regression testing for data exchange applications using both manual and automated test processes.
- Participates in all phases of testing: planning, executing, troubleshooting, and reporting.
- Executes test plans and documents test results, determines if the solution performs according to the requirements.
- Creates and maintains detailed test plans, test conditions, test criteria, test cases, test scripts, test cycles, test data, and issues logs.
- Troubleshoots, determines business impact, resolves, or escalates issues resulting from failed tests.
- Works closely with project managers, business analysts, developers, and customers.
- A bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or closely allied field; AND
- A minimum of 5 (five) years experience working in a complex information technology environment.
The preferred candidate will have:
- 3-5 years testing experience.
- Experience creating and executing user acceptance test plans.
- An understanding of court business processes and court data.
A combination of education and experience that demonstrates a working knowledge of the functions and typical work of the Tester – System Support Analyst may substitute for qualification requirements listed.
To be considered for this position, please submit:
- A cover letter specifying how you meet the qualifications of the position (no more than two pages).
- A chronological resume including: dates and total months/years in each position held for each previous employer.
- Completed AOC application form.
The AOC is committed to the practice of equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all persons without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, age, honorably discharged veteran or military status, or the presence of any sensory, mental, or physical disability or the use of a trained dog guide or service animal by a person with a disability. Persons of disability needing assistance in the application process, or those needing this announcement in an alternative format, please contact Jane VanCamp, AOC Human Resource Office, at (360) 705-5289 or fax (360)586-4409, or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
> Click here for further information <