Senior HR Specialist
Washington State Bar Association
April 1, 2013
Senior HR Specialist
Human Resources Department
Job Grade E9; Exempt; Full-time
Starting Salary Range: $57,808 - $65,000/year DOE +benefits
This position cross-departmentally participates in talent engagement including recruitment, implementation of training programs, development plans, and career counseling. The position also provides administration of HR policies, programs, diversity and inclusion initiatives, benefits, performance reviews, and best practices. HR portfolio also includes communicating employment information, HR policies, programs, and employee benefits information, and assisting in resolving employee relations issues. This position provides consultation to managers and staff on a variety of HR issues. The position works under the direction of the HR Director.
- Manage the operational aspects of recruitment (marketing, screening, interviewing, selection and employment, and on-boarding, and candidate relationships throughout the recruitment life cycle including long-term prospects and pipelines.
- Manage the new hire sign on process, on-boarding experience, coordinates new employee setup needs and related orientation activities.
- Counsel, and assist staff, supervisors, and managers with professional/performance development plans; identify training needs, and counsel staff on career development paths and plans.
- Research and assess training resources and needs, plan and implement in-house training programs to meet staff and individual employee needs, and maintain online training resources..
- Provide HR system administration support related to benefits, timekeeping, performance evaluations, training, and serve as backup for payroll related items. The position serves as an employee point of contact, supports and trains system users, processes and ensures staff records are updated and available for tracking, reporting, all data transfers related to bi-monthly payrolls.
- Maintain benefit records, educate staff, and communicate changes to benefit plans. Research and evaluate employee service benefits offerings and coordinate in house benefits events.
- Provide advice, counsel and recommendations to employees and managers on employee relations issues, discussing appropriate actions and alternatives. Escalate significant issues to the Human Resources Director as needed.
- Participate in the development of diversity initiatives in collaboration with the Diversity Program Manager and HR Director and actively participate in HR diversity activities related to the recruitment process
Requirements: Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience in HR Management or related field and 5 years experience as an HR Generalist. PHR Certification required. Degree may be substituted for two years of experience. Must have excellent oral and written communications skills; excellent time management and organizational skills; work under time constraints and meet deadlines and ensure accuracy in the work. Experience must demonstrate competency applying HR principals and fundamental concepts as a professional focus and/or technical specialty; knowledge of organizational policies and procedures and applying them consistently to work projects/tasks;ability to effectively diagnose problems, identify and communicate processes, and offer potential solutions to internal and external clients; and the ability to deal with diverse topics and balance priorities. Qualified candidate must have solid influencing, negotiation and facilitation skills, and be knowledgeable of state and federal laws as well as HR best practices;must be able to foster good working relationships; demonstrate confidentiality, poise, tact, good judgment, and diplomacy; possess a strong customer-service orientation; possess a high degree of proficiency with Microsoft Office and HRIS databases.
Preferences: Recruitment and benefits experience. Experience working in a nonprofit or legal environment. Experience with ADP Products is a plus.
The WSBA is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity.