Superior Courts are required to provide information to the Department of Health – Registrar of Vital Statistics upon the issuance of a decree of divorce and legal separations (RCW 26.09.150), completions of adoptions (RCW 26.33.280), and person name changes (RCW ?). This is currently a manual process each court does individually. The Department of Health (DOH) is interested in pursuing a project where instead of receiving these paper forms each month from each individual court to receive this information electronically via a data exchange process with AOC/the courts. DOH would like to begin by receiving only divorce data electronically from AOC/the courts.
The data they need is:
· Court file number
· Type of decree: legal separation, dissolution of marriage, or declaration of invalidity
· Date of decree
· County of decree
· Name of husband, date of birth, birth state or county, residence address including county and state
· Name of wife, maiden name, date of birth, birth state or county, residence address including county and state
· Place of marriage
· Date of marriage
· Number of children born alive of this marriage
· Petitioner – husband, wife, both, or other
· Name of petitioners attorney or PRO SE
· Petitioner's address
All this information is currently provide on the Petition for Dissolution of Marriage except birth state or country (for both husband and wife) and maiden name.