SCOMIS Manual[Return to Codes TOC]
Result codes are used in the RS field on the Charge screen to record the verdict for each primary or deadly weapons charge on the last information filed. Before a case can be resolved and completed, Result codes must be entered on the Charge screen for the set of charges on the final information (effective 1-28-2002).
1. Pending - Used for charges which have been placed on deferred prosecution or diversion. When the charge is later dismissed or prosecution is resumed, change the Result code to D (dismissed) or to another appropriate result code. This code should not be used for a juvenile offender deferred disposition. See Note 7 below for juvenile deferred disposition case processing.
2. Transferred - Used only by the receiving county in a juvenile offender case transferred to the county of residence for sentencing after adjudication or for court-ordered supervision after sentencing. The receiving county files the case in JIS and enters all charges for which the juvenile was convicted on the SCOMIS Charge screen with a TR Result code for each charge. In a juvenile offender case transferred for court-ordered supervision following sentencing, the receiving county files the case in JIS and enters a non-charge (i.e., 00.00.000) on the SCOMIS Charge screen with a TR Result code.
3. Vacated - Used for each charge covered by an order to vacate a conviction pursuant to RCW 9.94A.230. The Jg (Judgment Status) field on the JIS Defendant Case History (DCH) and Individual Case History (ICH) screens are also updated. If there are no remaining guilty counts for the defendant, enter VOC in the Def Resolution Code field on the Charge screen. Refer to the Criminal, Cases Resolved and the Juvenile Offender, Cases Resolved topics in the Superior Court Statistical Reporting Manual for complete instructions when a vacation of conviction is ordered. Also see Criminal/Juvenile Offender Case Resolution and Completion in the SCOMIS manual.
4. Non-Charge- A non-charge case is one in which the defendant/respondent is not charged under any state criminal statutes, but which is opened for purposes such as extradition, material witness, or preliminary appearances prior to filing of an information. A non-charge has a statistical reporting code of 00 and a statistical category of N. Refer to the RCW codes sorted by statistical category for a detailed listing of non-charges.
A non-charge case should not be opened to record a search warrant, wiretap authorization, or other non-respondent document(s); record these documents in the Document Indexing application.
If an information is not filed, record a Result code N for each non-charge entry, then resolve and complete the case. Any proceedings held will be counted under the non-charge category on the Caseload Report.
If an information is subsequently filed, change the Charge record to correspond to the new information including the original information filing date, the RCW(s), the DV flag, and the violation date. On the SCOMIS Basic screen, change the case filing date to the date on which the information was filed. For a juvenile offender case, change the Class code from NON to MIS, GMS, or FEL to reflect that criminal charges are to be adjudicated. The case will be counted in the Caseload Report as of the date the information is filed. Any proceedings held prior to the filing of an information will be counted under the non-charge category on the Caseload Report.
6. Drug Court Case Processing
Result codes for charges should not be entered until the final drug court outcome occurs. Use D (Dismissed) when the candidate successfully completes the drug court program and a charge is dismissed. Use G (Guilty) when the candidate fails, opts out, or withdraws from the drug court program. Use NG (Acquittal/Not Guilty) when an acquittal is obtained after trial. These procedures are approved by the Superior Court Subcommittee of the JIS Advisory Committee.
7. Juvenile Deferred Disposition Case Processing
8. Bail Forfeiture
|Courts | Organizations | News | Opinions | Rules | Forms | Directory | Library|
|Back to Top | Privacy and Disclaimer Notices|