Court Interpreter Orientation
- Before you begin, please read the instructions carefully. If you would like to print the handbook that accompanies this training, please click here.
System Requirements your computer will need to make sure that it is properly configured are:
- The Orientation is comprised of eight (8) parts.
- Navigating the Presentation
- Oral Certification Exam
- Introduction to the Interpreting Modes
- Introduction to the Washington Courts
- Ethics for the Court Interpreter
- Oral Language Proficiency Testing
- OPI Availability Form
- Registered Court Interpreter Candidates
- OPI Availability Form, must be completed and sent to the Administrative Office of the Courts, mailing address on the document.
- Evaluation and Declaration of Completion
- You must print out the Evaluation and the Declaration of Completion.
- Complete the Evaluation.
- Read and sign the Declaration of Completion (by signing the Declaration, you are declaring that you listened to all the Orientation modules).
- Mail the Evaluation and signed Declaration of Completion to the Administrative Office of the Courts. The mailing address is provided on the documents.
- The Orientation takes approximately five (5) hours to view. In these three modules, Navigating the Presentation, Oral Certification Exam and Oral Language Proficiency Testing, each time you stop and return, you will begin the new session on the last slide viewed.
In the remaining modules, Introduction to the Interpreting Modes, Introduction to Washington Courts and Ethics for the Court Interpreter, if you stop before the video ends, when you return you will begin the new session at the beginning of the video. You are encouraged to view each video in its entirety in one sitting.
- Microsoft 98 SE, 2000, XP, Windows Vista Home basic, Home Premium, Ultimate, Business, or Enterprise (32 bit or 64 bit editions)
- Internet Explorer 5.0 or later
- Netscape Navigator 7.a
- Mozilla Firefox 1.5
- MAC OS / 10.2, 10.3, 10.5, Ho.5 (PPC/Intel)
- Safari 1.1 or later
- Mozilla Firefox 1.5
- Flash Player 8 or later
- Minimum bandwidth requirement: DSL/Cable (wired connection recommended)
- Adobe Reader - download the latest FREE Adobe Reader at http://get.adobe.com/reader/
To make sure your computer is configured properly to access the Orientation, click on the hyperlink below or type the URL into your internet browser:
Log-in to Training
Please click on the link below and that will take you to the Orientation Login and Password page.
http://aoceccl.adobeconnect.com/cio/ Do not click on this link yet, please finish reading the instructions.
Once you have logged in, a new window will open displaying the Orientation training modules on the left and the status information on the right. Please do not concern yourself with the status information. You will only need to be concerned with the training modules.
If you would like to be able to fully view the listed training modules, take your mouse and click on the three small vertical lines (circled in red) above and pull to the right about two inches, then you will be able to view the modules listed in their entirety. Please see below.
Please view the modules in the order that they are listed.
When you have completed viewing all the modules, please print and complete the Evaluation and Declaration of Completion, sign it and send both documents to:
Ms. Tina Williamson
Court Interpreter Program
PO Box 41170
Olympia, WA 98504-1170
All training will need to be completed by June 30, 2013.
If you need further assistance with the program, please call Tina Williamson at (360)705-5279 or Tina.Williamson@courts.wa.gov
Please click on this link to begin your training: