JIS Data Dissemination Committee
JUDICIAL INFORMATI0N SYSTEM COMMITTEE
Article Seven – Data Dissemination Committee
Section 1: Purpose - The Judicial Information System Committee’s (JISC) Data Dissemination Committee is created to act on behalf of the entire JISC to address issues with respect to access to the Judicial Information System and the dissemination of information from it.
Section 2: Powers and Responsibilities - The Data Dissemination Committee shall have the power and responsibility to act only on the following matters:
- Review and act on requests for access to the JIS by non-court users in cases not covered by existing statute, court rule or JIS policy.
- Hear appeals on administrative denials of requests for access to the JIS or for dissemination of JIS data.
- Recommend to the JIS Committee policy on access to the JIS.
- Recommend to the JIS Committee changes to statutes and court rules regarding access to court records.
- Other powers as assigned by the JISC.
Section 3: Composition and Leadership - The Data Dissemination Committee membership shall consist of the following drawn from the membership of the JIS Committee:
- The JISC Vice Chair
- Two superior court judges
- Two court of limited jurisdiction judges
- A county clerk
- An appellate court representative
- A trial court administrator appointed by the JISC Chair
The JISC Vice Chair shall be the Data Dissemination Committee Chair.
Section 4: Voting - Each member of the Data Dissemination Committee is entitled to one vote. Members present shall be a quorum. Majority vote shall decide all issues.
Section 5: Meetings – The Data Dissemination Committee shall meet bi-monthly. The chair may, at his or her discretion, cancel a meeting. The chair may call a special meeting at any time. Notice of a special meeting must be given at least twenty-four hours before the time of such meeting as specified in the notice. The notice shall specify the time and place of the special meeting and the business to be transacted.