Supreme Court Dissolution Task Force
Based on 2SSB 5470, Laws of 2007, Chapter 496, §306, the Legislature requested that the Supreme Court convene and support a Task Force to establish statewide protocols in dissolution cases. The Task Force was responsible for developing:
1. Clear and concise dispute resolution proceedings.
2. A sexual assault training curriculum in conjunction with the office of crime victims advocacy.
3. Consistent standards for parenting evaluators.
4. A domestic violence training curriculum for individuals making evaluations in dissolution cases.
Make recommendations concerning:
1. Specialized evaluators for dissolution cases.
2. Dissolution forms and procedures.
The Task Force was also asked to study issues related to:
1. Venue for filing and modifying petitions.
2. The program established under 2SSB 5470, Laws of 2007, Chapter 496, §201.
The Task Force presented preliminary findings and conclusions to the Governor's Office, the Supreme Court, and the Legislature’s appropriate committees in September 2008. That interim report can be found here. In December 2008 the Task Force submitted its final report. The final report can be found here.
Supreme Court Dissolution Task Force Members
|Courts | Organizations | News | Opinions | Rules | Forms | Directory | Library|
|Back to Top | Privacy and Disclaimer Notices|