Chapter 9.94A RCW
(1) The clemency and pardons board is established as a board within the office of the governor. The board consists of five members appointed by the governor, subject to confirmation by the senate.
(2) Members of the board shall serve terms of four years and until their successors are appointed and confirmed. However, the governor shall stagger the terms by appointing one of the initial members for a term of one year, one for a term of two years, one for a term of three years, and two for terms of four years.
(3) The board shall elect a chairman from among its members and shall adopt bylaws governing the operation of the board.
(4) Members of the board shall receive no compensation but shall be reimbursed for travel expenses as provided in RCW 43.03.050 and 43.03.060 as now existing or hereafter amended.
(5) The attorney general shall provide a staff as needed for the operation of the board.
[1981 c 137 § 25. Recodified in 2001 as RCW 9.94A.880.]
Effective date -- 1981 c 137: See RCW 9.94A.905.