9.94A.150  <<  TOC  >> 9.94A.152

Chapter 9.94A RCW
Sentencing Reform Act of 1981
Applicable to Crimes Committed From December 1, 1993 - June 8, 1994


RCW 9.94A.151
Sex offenders -- Release from total confinement -- Notification of prosecutor.

(1)(a) When it appears that a person who has been convicted of a sexually violent offense may meet the criteria of a sexually violent predator as defined in RCW 71.09.020(1), the agency with jurisdiction over the person shall refer the person in writing to the prosecuting attorney of the county where that person was convicted, three months prior to the anticipated release from total confinement.

(b) The agency shall inform the prosecutor of the following:

(i) The person's name, identifying factors, anticipated future residence, and offense history; and

(ii) Documentation of institutional adjustment and any treatment received.

(2) This section applies to acts committed before, on, or after March 26, 1992.

(3) The agency with jurisdiction, its employees, and officials shall be immune from liability for any good-faith conduct under this section.

(4) As used in this section, "agency with jurisdiction" means that agency with the authority to direct the release of a person serving a sentence or term of confinement and includes the department of corrections, the indeterminate sentence review board, and the department of social and health services.

[1992 c 45 § 1; 1990 c 3 § 122. Recodified in 2001 as RCW 9.94A.840.]


Severability -- 1992 c 45: "If any provision of this act or its application to any person or circumstance is held invalid, the remainder of the act or the application of the provision to other persons or circumstances is not affected." [1992 c 45 § 8.]

Application -- 1992 c 45: "This act applies to sex offenses committed on, before, or after March 26, 1992." [1992 c 45 § 10.]

Index, part headings not law -- Severability -- Effective dates -- Application -- 1990 c 3: See RCW 18.155.900 through 18.155.902.

9.94A.150  <<  TOC  >> 9.94A.152
  • Connect with us
  • Find us on Facebook
  • Follow us on Twitter
  • Watch our YouTube Channel
  • Use one of our RSS Feeds
For Washington State laws, visit the Washington State Legislature