Caseloads of the Courts of Washington
|RESOLUTIONS (1) (5)|
|Review Not Accepted||0||3||1||0||0||4|
|Review Not Accepted||0||255||98||0||0||353|
|Other Decisions Term. Rvw (2)||0||0||0||119||0||119|
|PENDING AT YEAR END (3)|
|Cases Not Ready||51||337||57||N/A||0||445|
|Set for Motion Calendar||0||14||0||N/A||0||14|
|Set for Oral Argument||5||17||0||N/A||1||23|
|Total Awaiting Hearing||60||440||70||N/A||2||572|
|Opinion/Order in Process||9||52||1||N/A||1||63|
|Total Pending Decision||69||492||71||N/A||3||635|
|Opinion Terminating Review||16||99||7||3||8||133|
|Order Terminating Review||77||550||30||0||0||657|
|Ruling Terminating Review||45||376||139||0||0||560|
|Other Decision Terminating Review||17||38||29||119||0||203|
(1) As a result of changes in resolution coding procedures in 2005, resolutions are now categorized by Opinions, Orders Terminating Review, and Rulings Terminating Review. Figures for these categories are reported for the first time in 2005.
(2) Includes WSBA and CJC cases which were considered by the Court in years prior to establishment of procedures for closing those cases (see footnote 4). As time permits, Court staff are now reviewing those old cases and recording the disposed status as appropriate. Those dispositions are included in "Other Decisions Terminating Review."
(3) As a result of the recent transition to the new Appellate Court Records and Data System(ACORDS-II), measurement of the various stages of pending caseload are not comparable to measurements for prior years. Extreme caution should be used in interpreting 2003 and future activity relative to that shown for prior years.
(4) Prior to 2003, resolution, pending and mandate information was not reported for cases from the Washington State Bar Association and the Commission on Judicial Conduct. Recording of this information began for resolutions occurring in 2003 and beyond, but is not available retroactively. As a consequence: 1) pending information is not available for WSBA and CJC cases, and 2) resolution and mandate information is available only for 2003 and beyond.
(5) As of 2010, Resolution counts have been updated to report only primary case resolutions. Secondary case resolutions have been excluded from all of the resolution counts reported.
|Courts | Organizations | News | Opinions | Rules | Forms | Directory | Library|
|Back to Top | Privacy and Disclaimer Notices|